Sunday, 5 January 2014

Travelling in Greece


    What about spending summer in Greece ?    

      






I went home in France for the Christmas holidays to see my friends and family. As I was talking about Erasmus and how much I enjoyed travelling there, I asked my friend if they wanted to go abroad during the summer. We usually already spend holidays together but just stay in our beautiful region or go to the sea. Still they were really excited ! I suggested Greece and everyone seemed really happy about this destination. A friend of mine wanted to go to Croatia as well because her sisters had praised this country to her. I was in Croatia in September and I must say I did not have time to see everything, but if I must choose between Greece and Croatia I would rather go to Greece !

I have to admit I hope it is going to be cheap as Greece is still going through a deep economic crisis. We did not plan anything really precise as we are still not sure if we are going to do it. Everybody is currently more focused on exams, seeking an internship or a job. Still, I already know I want to enjoy the Mediterranean coastline and beaches and visit sleepy littles towns like Santorini. I also want to walk around the famous ancient city of Athens. I know someone in Graz who lives there and can give me advice about all the good places! It would be really interesting to visit the inside of the country from Delphi to Pelion for example. Maybe if we still have some time left after this busy plan, my friends and I could go hitch-hiking in the hinterland but not too long because it is going to be really hot.





But most of all, I want to visit the ancient Greek as I have always been a big fan of Greek mythology !


I really hope that this project will come true !

No comments:

Post a Comment