Dear Fiona,
I have been studying English for ten years now. German has been my second
foreign language since the eighth grade. There are several reasons that kindled
my passion for foreign languages . To begin with, the cultures of other
countries have always interested me. I would like to communicate with as many
people as possible to gain perspective on their customs and ways of living. I
was even more eager to learn foreign languages when international trade turned
out to be my dream job. In order to be able to work in this field, I aim to
master the English language as it is vital for communication in international
trade, and also German considering the position the country has in the foreign
market.
Two major events helped me progress towards my goal. Firstly, I spent my ninth
grade in South Africa. Although I was in a French school I had the chance to
practice English with my classmates, my teachers and in everyday life
situations (order a meal, shopping...). I then spent July of 2013 working in
Germany in the department of logistic. These two experiences helped me improve
my speaking skills and expand my vocabulary, but I still need to ameliorate my
grammar and my writing skills. Therefore, I am taking Business English courses
at the University of Graz. I also listen and read extensively in English. I
will try to make the most of my Erasmus year and practice German and English as
much as possible.
Best regards,
Marianne

No comments:
Post a Comment